With our annual meeting approaching in June, we are opening up nominations for our Board of Directors.
Currently we have two directors with a year left on their two-year terms: Maggie Merrill and Margaret Steinbugler.
- We have a 7-member board; 5 seats are up for election this year
- We will hold elections on June 17 for the open seats
- Two seats will be for 1-year term
- Three seats will be for 2-year terms
- Term lengths are determined by vote count: the top three candidates will have 2-year terms and the next two candidates will have 1-year terms
- Nominations are now open and will close at 5 pm on June 16, the day before we hold elections at our June 17 membership meeting.
- In order to nominate someone, to be nominated, and to vote, you must be a member in good standing with dues paid for the June 2023 – May 2024 year.
- If you joined or renewed your membership between January 1, 2023 and now, you are paid up for the June 2023 – May 2024 year.
- If you need to renew, you can:
- Send a check: Southold Peconic Civic, PO Box 168, Southold, NY 11972
- Pay via PayPal (or use a credit card through PayPal) at spcivic.org
- Pay in person at the June 17 membership meeting
- Nominations can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please copy the nominee requesting them to confirm they accept nomination
- Please put “Board Nomination” in the email subject line
Current board members Katy Stokes and Alvin Schein plan to run for re-election. We are seeking at least three additional candidates. Please consider nominating yourself or a civic-minded friend. We look forward to hearing from you!
POB 168, Southold, NY 11972 – 631-323-6621